Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

6.20.2012

$1 Fabric Embellished Frame

This is another part of the gallery wall that I've been working on for-e-ver.  

As I've mentioned before, dollar store frames are good bases to start with because if your vision for the frame doesn't work out you're only out a buck and some time.  Plus, it's so easy to make them look better!


Start with a frame that has a flat space, it could be a gold frame from the dollar store like this one, a new frame, thrift frame, or a frame that you already own that could use a little face-lift. 


Directions 
  1. Paint the frame (I painted this frame with a foam brush.  I also sprayed it with a white primer first.)
  2. Cut a strip of fabric that is just less than 3 times the width of the space you want to fill.
  3. Fold the fabric in thirds and press.
  4. With open edges down, start at the bottom of the frame and hot glue the fabric in place.
  5. Fold the fabric at each corner.
  6. When you come to the end, fold the end of the fabric under so the raw edge is hidden.
  7. Cut a piece of fabric (if you'd like) to put in the frame to display pictures over.


I took a picture of the frame with a leaf in it just to show how easy it is to display other items over the fabric (osnaburg).  This frame would be great for displaying photos and mementos in a scrapbook style, like a photo at the zoo with a ticket stub for example.  No photo mat needed! 


Easily personalize the frame with paint and fabric choices.


The fabric matches the curtains I made for the room and helps tie in all of the colors of the other items on the wall as well.  I wasn't sure how I'd like a frame with fabric on it, but I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

 Today's Fabulous Find...
Embellishing Frames with Fabric

 


Linking to:  Tator Tots and Jello
Pin It!

6 comments:

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

I really like the fabric trim...what a great idea!!
I just painted a large empty frame pink & am planning on putting a chalk board in it.
I may just add some fabric to it to 'jazz' it up some!
Thanks!
♥'s
Sherry

Toqua's Crafts said...

What a cute and easy idea!
WONDERFUL!

Becki said...

This may be my favorite frame! I like your idea of making it into a picture/memento piece! Great idea!

farmhouse-story said...

the fabric trim is a wonderful way to coordinate frame to other features in a room! very clever, janet:) have a great weekend!

Karen said...

Love this idea Janet! What a great gift idea. So pretty and inexpensive. Love it! Hope your having a fantastic weekend!

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

So clever & creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails