Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

12.03.2011

A Dozen {More} Gift Ideas and November Thank You's

I've been looking through my past posts and found several more ideas for small gift ideas that I thought you might like.  There's already an overwhelming amount of crafty inspiration out there, but who knows, maybe one of these projects will be just what you were looking for.


A Dozen {more} Small Gift Ideas
Click here for the first 25 small gift and craft ideas.

-Every month/season just hang new ornaments on the nails in the frame to update it.  I store the ornaments in a small decorative trunk near the frame so they are right there when I'm ready to change it.



-This cap only costs around $1.50 to make if you are making more than one at a time (with a discount coupon).
 

-This is a simple necklace to make and is not too expensive if you are making more than one.


-Girls age 6 and up can make these with a little help.  They would make great friend gifts and can easily be personalized with their favorite color of beads.


-My mom made a tooth fairy pillow for me for Christmas when I was a young girl--I loved it!


#6 LOVE Letter Photo Art
-This is a print that I made by taking pictures of objects in my own yard, the print can be downloaded in the post.

-Shanty 2 Chic also just shared a link to a TON of letter photos on Flickr that can be used for free and shared the cutest idea for a letter photo art name board.  I really think it's such a 'fabulous' gift idea and could be personalized for family gifts.


 #7 Six Prints for Small Signs
-Printed onto photo paper and Mod Podged on.  These are inexpensive and easy to make.



#8 Interchangeable Photo, Recipe, Quote, Blocks
-So many uses for these plus they cost less than $2 each to make.  (Cost depends on how many you make.)


-This crate could be filled with a number of things.  For Christmas is would be nice to put 5 pillar candles in it with a filler, like evergreens and berries.  Five pint jars fit perfectly inside it, which could be filled with a number of things, or you could even just fill the crate with pine cones and/or ornaments.


-Maybe add a quote that has meaning to whoever is receiving the plate.  Also, I have a Christmas plate done that I'll be posting in the near future that would also make a nice neighbor gift.


#11 $ Store Wash Tub
-Could replace the birdhouse with scented soaps or lotion and then wrap with cellophane and a pretty ribbon.  I don't know how easy it would be to find the tubs at this time of year though.


-Wrap in cellophane, add a pretty ribbon.  You can buy a 5 gallon size paint stick for about .40, this box will take two of them.  If I made another soap box I would paint or stain it in a prettier color than this one and I think it would look nicer.  Like maybe in dark walnut.  Or similar to how I made my subway art.
 


November Thank You's

Linking back at the end of the month to those who featured my projects (and let me know about it) is something that I've done pretty much since the beginning of my blog.   It's a way to say thank you, let you know about some great blogs that maybe you weren't aware of, and also is a review of sorts of some of the posts if you missed them. 

I'm including pictures and links to the projects this time because several of these projects could also be given as gifts.  Sorry that some of them are repeats from the last list of 25 ideas.

The links to the blogs go directly to the home pages.


15 Gifts Ideas Under $2
Organizing Homelife
Design Dazzle



Mantel Shelf
Faded Country


Thanksgiving/Fall Mantel
Creations by Kara
Embellishing Life Everyday
Home Stories A to Z


Marshmallow Wonderland Vignette
Christmas Finds
Clean and Scentsible
Craft Gossip
Home Stories A to Z
Oopsey Daisy
Sand and Sissel on Facebook
Tator Tots and Jello on Facebook
Under The Table and Dreaming


It's A Marshmallow World Subway Art
Domestically Speaking


2x4 Snowman Family
Moose 'n Melts


Paint Stick Ornaments
The Wedding Gals came up with a very creative way to use the concept of the paint stick ornaments for of all things--weddings!  You really need to go read about her idea--it's brilliant!



Burlap 'Bubble' Wreath
The Trendy Tree
Queen of my Nest



'Thankful Defined' Decorative Charger
The Idea Room



Thanksgiving Subway Art (Second Edition)
Craft Bliss
Inspired By
The CSI Project


Children's Nativity
Design Dazzle



I have another gift idea to show you, a printable countdown calendar, but it's not quite ready to post.  I will for sure post it next week (when my life isn't quite so busy, are you feeling the rush too?) so you will still have time to make it for your friends/neighbors if you'd like. 


Have a nice weekend!


Pin It!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Janet these idea's are great! I especially love the Interchangeable Holiday Frame. This gift would provide the opportunity to make or purchase additional ornaments for the recipient to use through the year presented later on a birthday or special occasion. How fun! :) Thanks for sharing these.

farmhouse-story said...

your home must be beautiful with all of your creative projects, janet! i made the paint stick ornaments last year for gift tags and they turned out of cute! thanks for sharing with us!

Karen said...

Awesome project Janet! You have such a great talent. I love all your sweet ideas! Thanks for sharing them all:)

STARDUST said...

Great finds indeed! Love your blog! Thanks for visiting my blog. Just followed you!
Love, Olga
www.stardust-decorstyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What great holiday ideas! Love the dollar store washtub :) thanks for entering my giveaway and good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails