Request for Access to Links

There was a recent update that has caused my Google Doc links to stop working. Please send me a request for access to the files until I can get them up and running again. I will grant you access through the email as soon as I am able to, thank you!

1.25.2011

3 Minute Valentine Frame

Remember the Interchangeable Frame I made recently?  With only a couple of quick changes I was able to convert it to Valentine's decor.  I love how simple it was to do!


The heart ornaments were on sale at JoAnn Fabrics for 50% off last Friday, which made them only $1.50 each.  (Check your local store, they may be on sale in your location too.)  

I bought three of them hoping that they would be the right size for my frame.  They ended up fitting perfectly.  Yay! 


To change the frame:  I bent the wire to adjust the length, un-taped the red ribbon, slid it down, added a black and white polka dot ribbon on top of it and then taped it back into place.  I didn't even cut the black ribbon.  I wrapped an elastic around the extra length so it wouldn't hang down and just left it.  I have no idea what I'll want to use it for next, so why cut it, right?  The frame sits above my kitchen cabinets, so the back is hidden anyway. 


 Grand total for my Valentine's Frame...$4.50!  It was so easy to convert the frame from winter to valentines decor.  I'm already on the look-out for some shamrocks for March!



Today's Fabulous Find...50% off Sale on Heart Ornaments and Simple Valentine Frame 
 

 
I'm entering my Interchangeable Frame in the CSI Challenge.  Come check out the other fabulous Valentine's crafts!
 

Visit thecsiproject.com

I'm linking to some of these great parties, go take a look!

Photobucket

Making Keeping It Simple The Girl Creative  All Thingz Related Show and Tell Green Creations by Kara Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden  http://www.thethriftyhome.comHookingupwithHoH Beyond The Picket Fencegiveaways The DIY Show Off Chic on a Shoestring Decorating Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party! monogram UndertheTableandDreaming Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special BWS tips button<
Pin It!

21 comments:

lindalou said...

That turned out great. I'm still mentally working on my Valentine frames. Probably need to get going on it.

I like the idea of the ribbon around the frame. I might borrow that.

Valerie Earnest said...

Really cute! I love this idea!
Visiting from the CSI project

Karen said...

Such a cute idea! I love the hearts. I think I saw those at JoAnn's the other day! So fun!

farmhouse-story said...

they look wonderful:)

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

I really like this...and so simple.
sandraallen260@centurytel.net

Anne's Vinyl and so much more said...

This such a cute idea! Love it.

Chris said...

I love the idea of it being interchangeable! So cute!

Unknown said...

Adorable!

Unknown said...

Adorable! I need to make one of these...my house is currently very unValentines looking!

PS I'm a new follower!

abeachcottage said...

Very cute project. Love the idea that you can change it when you want to. The frame looks lovely.

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh! This is just so cute, love it

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I was looking at those at Joann's and wondering what to do with them. I like the interchangeable frame - I'll have to see what it looked like before and where you go with it next.

ArtfullyJune said...

Great little frame. Awesome that you can just change it out with the seasons.

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! Love the burlap, hearts and of course the price tag! Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-hippo-party-14.html

Angie said...

I love this! What a great idea, and the ribbon at the bottom adds a perfect touch! Thanks for sharing!

http://inmysparetime2.blogspot.com

Kat said...

Really adorable and simple! Well done!

Ladybird Ln said...

I have a small house, and really do not have room for a ton of decorations, I love the fact this is interchangeable. Thanks for sharing!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Yet again, you amaze me!! I featured you on my wowzers today:

http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2011/02/wednesdays-wowzers-race-against-clock.html

Thanks for inspiring!
~Alison

. said...

I absolutley ADORE this frame!!!!

I went back and saw the original posting with the snowmen and star...just genious!!! And cute to boot! :)

AllieMakes! said...

Adorable! I love it!
You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday through Sunday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Cute framed hearts! I love shopping Joann holiday decor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails